Walks-Ins and Same Day
Appointments Always Available
Urgent Care and Walk-In Services
At Austin Family Medicine Associates, we are always trying to make ourselves available to our patients. We recently extended our Urgent Care and Walk-In hours throughout our usual business hours. The decision to extend our Urgent Care services was spurred by a desire to make ourselves available to you, our patients, at the time of your greatest need: when you are sick or injured. As we move forward, we will be extending our usual office hours in order to be even more available.
What does Urgent Care and Walk-In Hours always available mean?
Urgent Care and Walk-In Hours means that patients can show up at our office without an appointment during our business hours. We will continue to see patients on an appointment basis, but if you if you need to be seen urgently, come to our office, and we will get you evaluated by one of our expert providers. We know that dedicated Urgent Care centers provide patients with ease of access to healthcare, and we want to provide for our patients (and new patients) through all of their injuries and illnesses without having to see a different provider that does not know their full history.
How can you see patients by appointment and Walk-Ins?
We build our schedules appropriately expecting that patients will walk-in to be seen. We know that illness and injuries do not ask for you for a convenient time to be sick, so we want to make ourselves available at any time that illness comes knocking.
Now, if you are sick or need to be seen, you can walk into our office without an appointment, and we will take care of you. No appointment needed. By utilizing us, your Primary Care Doctor, as your Urgent Care center, you may not be able to see your favorite provider, but you can trust that they are available for questions or discussion if needed.
Why should I go to Austin Family Medicine Associates for Urgent Care instead of a dedicated Urgent Care?
- We provide the same services that Urgent Cares provide. We have rapid flu testing, strep throat testing, Mono testing, full laboratory services, stitches / sutures, splinter removal, toenail removal, etc. If you have a broken bone or painful joint, there is an X-ray facility with CT / MRI capability less than 1 mile away. We will treat your injury or set up an urgent referral with one of our excellent specialists if needed.
- We are listed as a Family Practice center on your insurance. You will not pay Urgent Care copays at our office even though it is for urgent care services. Skip the $75 copay at the Urgent Care Center, come to our office! You will pay the same copay that you normally pay for non-specialist office visits (usually $10 – $30, varies by insurance).
- Familiar environment, staff, and providers. If you utilize our office for your routine visits and Urgent Care needs, you can expect better outcomes since we are already familiar with you. Developing a long-term relationship with a provider that can track you through life is extremely important. Even though you may initially come to our office as an urgent care office visit, we will still be asking about the date of your last physical exam or blood work. We can treat your blood pressure and perform follow-up studies (ECHO – heart ultrasound) in our office if needed.
- Short Wait Times. We build our daily schedules with time slots assigned for urgent care and minor emergencies only. This facilitates our low wait times – get in and out quickly! If you are sick, we want to see you!
What services are not available by Walk-In and Urgent Care?
Although we are extending our Walk-In and Urgent Care services, we will not be allowing Walk-In patients requesting Physicals, PAP Smears, or routine follow-up visits. These Urgent Care appointments are special, and you will still be required to schedule routine visits. We want to reserve our Urgent Care slots for issues that need to be addressed as quickly as possible. If we fill our Urgent Care slots with wellness visits, then we would not be available for more pressing issues.
Do you offer the same services as an Urgent Care?
Yes, a list of Urgent Care and Walk-In Services are listed here:
- Flu or Influenza
- Sinus Infection
- Strep Throat
- Skin Infection or Abscess
- Asthma attack
- Chest Pain
- Shortness of Breath
- Abdominal Pain
- STD Testing
- Back Pain
- Antibiotic Shots
- Ear Wax Blockage
- Cuts needing stitches / sutures (Laceration)
- Broken bone or Fracture
- Joint Pain
- Sports Injuries
Vitamin Shots and Vitamin Infusions
- B12 Shots
- Myers’ Cocktail (coming soon)
- Vitamin C Infusions (coming soon)
- Magnesium Infusions (coming soon)
- No age limitations.
If you want to know if we can see you or your family member, call us!