Hormone Balance for Men and Women
Hormone balance is essential for optimal health and vitality in both men and women. For most people the complicated, carefully orchestrated balance of hormones happens for decades without most of us giving this miraculous system of chemical balance a second thought. In our practice hormonal balance is one of the top three goals, along with nutritional balance and cardiovascular risk reduction that we seek to achieve for all of our patients. These goals are at the heart of regenerative medicine.
If you have had your cholesterol tested, taken a lipid-lowering drug, had a mammogram, or taken HRT with thyroid, testosterone, estrogen, melatonin, or DHEA, you have experienced anti-aging medicine. This form of medicine is based on the very early detection, prevention, and reversal of age-related disease. 90% of all adult illness is due to the degenerative processes of aging. This includes heart disease, most cancers, adult-onset diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, autoimmune disease, glaucoma, and Alzheimer’s. With early detection and appropriate intervention, most of these diseases can be prevented, cured, or have their downward course reversed.
Hormones to Balance:
- Estrogen – estradiol and estriol for women, also important for men on testosterone therapy
- Progesterone – a balancing hormone for women
- Testosterone – critical for men, important in small amounts even for women
- DHEA – a precursor hormone for other hormones
- Thyroid – optimal levels are very important for men and women
- Cortisol – a stress hormone that can become depleted with chronic stress
Call us today to set up an appointment to carefully evaluate your hormonal balance and consider whether you need an individualized hormone program.